An object that is surrounded by a magnetic field and that has the property, either natural or induced, of attracting iron or steel.
A person, a place, an object, or a situation that exerts attraction.
A female child, from birth to full growth.
The use of girl to refer to a woman of any age is highly likely to be considered old-fashioned or to cause offence.
movies that need to happen: Black Widow (2014)
“Do you know what it’s like to be unmade?”
a) I completely agree with the premise of the post, the Black Widow film should already be in production lbr (stupid Hollywood).
b) But on a more personal level… this gifset is about me.
#except no other faves COULD ever because nearly every other names character in this film is male #and natasha operates within gender paradigms #she exploits them and inverts them and uses them to burn the best laid plans #i do think she’s actually afraid here when he says he’ll have clint kill her slowly and intimately #just because he could and my kingdom for the two of them when she has a nightmare about the hulk #but otherwise she knows exactly what she’s doing. every facial expression and body motion is purposeful #these strong powerful men with ego problems think her vulnerable because she’s armed with nothing but her body #and that body is small and breakable and doesn’t have any armor at all #but that body is far more powerful than any of those men realize and she can kill with it if she has to #and she’s got no problem with that but her main goal is extraction and you can’t extract information from the dead #so she takes those assumptions about her and turns that strength against the men who think little of her #she allows them to think they’ve gotten power over her and in so doing she crawls into their plans and burns them down from the inside #your favorites could actually never because every other avenger in this film is a man #and a man could never do this
You’re a spy, not a soldier.
I love her in the final scene with the Chitauri so, so much. She’s the only one of them we see figuring out where their weak spots are, how their bodies operate, how they fly their flying things. She takes them out with their own weapons. We see the ferociousness on her face, the effort involved in every movement, and she just never stops. She’s probably my favorite female superhero that I’ve ever seen onscreen (not that there are a whole lot to choose from, dammit, but still).
Can I just say how much I hate photosets of the Avengers where the OP sticks Loki or Coulson or Fury in there but forgets Natasha?
OH LOOK YOU GOT THE VILLAIN IN THERE BUT YOU FORGOT A MEMBER OF THE GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING AVENGERS HOW ABOUT THAT. OH WAIT I FORGOT SHE DOESN’T HAVE A DICK THAT’S THE PROBLEM.
Don’t even get me started on her being left out of fucking official merch but cmon fans at least include her in your stupid photosets jesus christ.
It’s not because she doesn’t have a dick. It is because she has the least interesting storyline in the movie and very few people like her cold, lifeless character portrayal.
First of all, did we watch the same movie?
Natasha motherfucking amazeballs Romanova:
- beat the shit out of three Russian thugs while wearing her underthings and tied to a chair
- brought in Bruce Banner—who is, if you remember the Hulk
- flew the jet that took Steve to Germany, and brought Loki back to the Helicarrier
- got the plan from Loki—A MOTHERFUCKING GOD—using nothing but her brain and her, *gasp* emotions (which you seem to think she doesn’t have)
- was understandably terrified of the Hulk, but continued to try to save Bruce from himself (oh look, emotions again!)
- while injured, she goes after Clint, one of her best friends (extrapolating from her reaction when Coulson said ‘Barton’s been compromised), probably thinking she’s going to have to kill him, and gets rid of the Tesseract’s influence
- I’m not even going to point out how motherfucking amazing she was during the Battle of New York, because this list would get waaaaaay too long
- …except for the part where she figured out how to close the portal and saved the fucking city
Yeah, Natasha’s storyline isn’t interesting at all, and she’s cold and lifeless. You’re totally right.
Well, we know the bolded is a lie. Everyone knows that most fandoms do not have time for female characters and actively erase them from the narrative, just like that person did (ESPECIALLY if she gets in the way of the slash).
I am overwhelmed with the many thoughts I have about this one unlettered panel. I have questions, I have theories, I have “feels”. But whatever happens, it is going next to my picture of Natasha-in-a-bulky-sweater sleeping by Bucky’s hospital bed as #reasons I read comics.